BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW ISIS, ICOM A+B+C, Esys

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By awesometotheest
  • 1 Post By sigmaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 06:28 PM

Car: 2006 760Li
Default ISTA-P cable for E65

HI,

after searching I'm confused, what cable do I need to get to be able to use ISTA-P with a 2006 BMW 760Li

I can use ISTA-D with a K+Dcan cable no problem but i can't get ISTA-P to connect ( nothing shows up in connection list).

Old 03-22-2017, 01:06 PM

Car: bmw

Use ista-p loader with emulator

Wysłane z mojego SM-G389F przy użyciu Tapatalka
Old 03-23-2017, 10:42 AM

I ran network tool and tried ISTA-P loader ver. 4.9 that came with the download but it still doesn't work

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 07:51 PM

Car: M3, X50i

Make sure ediabas ini file is configure correctly for STD:OBD
Start network tool in ICOM emulator under the I icon in upper right, click KDCAN USB picture, then start ISTA P clicking the BMW cars image. Should work.

NOTE:
Last thing you want to use is a K+D Can Cable for ISTA-P you might get lucky programming a few modules but if any fail good luck trying to recover from it. I bricked my X5 using a KDCAN Cable. Transmission Module failed to program due to permission security issues along with a few other modules like radio and transfer case .

Only way I was able to recover it was using an ICOM A2 which I bought off eBay for $250 came in 2 days DHL from China

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
sigmaes likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:41 PM

Thanks for that info, I'm definitely investing in an ICOM. I'll be updating a lot of software since I plan on doing a few retrofits

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
awesometotheest likes this.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:11 PM

Car: bmw

I have a KDCAN cable and a 20 pin (ICOM C) cable both purchase from Rheingold USA for my 1999 BMW 528i. I have not purchased software and I'm considering ISTA/D & ISTA/P per my research on the forum. So what I have just learned from you is that the KDCAN cable may be ok for Diagnostics (ISTA/D) but certainly not for programing (ISTA/P). additionally a ICOM A or A2 is needed for ISTA/P. the question that I have is if all I'm trying to accomplish at the moment is replacing my throttle Body and resetting the adaptations with software, I was led to believe that both ISTA/D & ISTA/P would be needed. ISTA/D to confirm the throttle body is bad and is not sending and receiving the correct signals with ISAT/D and if the Throttle is bad replace it with and reset the adaptation in ISTA/P. Is this a correct assessment for a car of this age? My old mechanic stated that he has swapped out different throttle bodies without programming and had no issues but I'm hesitant to believe him. If I need to go the ICOM A or A2 route can you recommend a source in China that is reputable?