BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW ISIS, ICOM A+B+C, Esys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM

Car: 535 D -06
Default ISTA/P V47 possible choices when i update and do a combox retrofit

Hi,
Posted these questions on another forum, but maybe someone here knows more?

Going to do a Combox retrofit in a 2009 E61 (CIC). The car is never updated, so CIC needs to be updated to V42 (cic.c16).
Would like to update the rest of the car to V47 before Combox installation.
Now to the question(s):

As far as i remember, its not possible to "untick" the CIC related devices when running ISTA/P so CIC wont be updated? Is that correct? (dont have a car to try on at this point)

Is there any other way to make it work, like changing the SP folders for CIC in ISTA/P to the ones from V42?

What happens if i dont connect the MOST module of my ICOM, will that make the system to fail and refuse update or would it update everything but the MOST related modules? (once did update of an X1 that didnt have MOST connector, and i got a message on the screen that MOST connector wasnt connected. I just accepted, and the process went on, but ULF and radio wasnt updated. Maybe that was just luck beause those modules wasnt supposed to be updated anyway??)

Any othe ideas how to do this besides update the car module by module with winKFP?

Anybody that got a working VMware image of ISTA/P V42 that want to share it and get a copy of V47, cuz then the car will at least be on V42....

Regards

Rickard

Tags
combox, ista/p