BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2018, 02:08 AM

Car: S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch GS rider View Post
Could you tell me where in ista-p I cann change miles to km? (for the bike k51)
You can change it with ISTA-D
attila_66 likes this.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:54 PM

Car: BMW R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
You can change it with ISTA-D
Hello fredaroony
Would you be so kind and tell which version of ISTA-D you use to change from miles to km, please.
Do you use K+DCAN or ICOM A to do that?
Thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 06:25 AM

Car: Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygi View Post
Hello fredaroony
Would you be so kind and tell which version of ISTA-D you use to change from miles to km, please.
Do you use K+DCAN or ICOM A to do that?
Thanks
You use ISTA-D with the ICOM.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:44 PM

Car: 2000 E39 540i/6
Default ISTA/P with RS232 EDIABAS Cable with a K46 2011 S1000RR

Hi I've got ISTA/D working fine no problems at all with the above but no luck with ISTA/P. This is on a toughbook with an RS232 Serial Com Port 1.

ISTA/P appears to want to connect differently without starting the EDIABAS server icon in the system tray which turns green.

It gets to "Determining Vehicle Identification Number" and then comes up with the following error:-

"Error

An error occurred on execution of the measure.

94201 Technical service initialisation failed
-2 Global.Unknown
55054 Global.Unknown
10007 (CIP) - Error during initialisation of EDIABAS"

Does anyone know of the settings I need to change in OBD.ini or EDIABAS.ini to get this working? It seems strange ISTA/D works flawlessly but not ISTA/P. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by pantritrading; 07-18-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 AM

Car: BMW R1200GS LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantritrading View Post
Hi I've got ISTA/D working fine no problems at all with the above but no luck with ISTA/P. This is on a toughbook with an RS232 Serial Com Port 1.

ISTA/P appears to want to connect differently without starting the EDIABAS server icon in the system tray which turns green.

It gets to "Determining Vehicle Identification Number" and then comes up with the following error:-

"Error

An error occurred on execution of the measure.

94201 Technical service initialisation failed
-2 Global.Unknown
55054 Global.Unknown
10007 (CIP) - Error during initialisation of EDIABAS"

Does anyone know of the settings I need to change in OBD.ini or EDIABAS.ini to get this working? It seems strange ISTA/D works flawlessly but not ISTA/P. Thanks for any help.
You have to check com port setting in ediabas obd.ini file. One problem d can cable is terminal voltages can not identified by ista d. When i try to delete fault memory it says . Can not see voltage on terminal 15 operation canceled.
Better to buy a icom a2 clone for Aliexpress. (I already bought one).

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2018, 10:11 AM

Car: E39 530i Msport

Hi Guys,

Couple of questions regarding Motorrad and NCS.

Background, I am an ex BMW dealer technician and am familiar with ISTA and ISTA/P in both cars and motorcycles, however have next to no experience in programs like NCS, winkfp, and INPA. I have ISTA, ISTA/P, NCS expert, winKFP all installed and also have an ICOM a2, ICOM D cable, and an FTDI F232R K+Dcan cable usb to serial interface running the version 2.10 drivers that work.

My question is about the Motorrad side of things, retrofits like gear shift assist, DWA alarm etc are they easily coded using NCS expert ?
My experience at the dealership was using ISTA/P and usually required FCS enable codes to get the software to code and function, can NCS do these codings without an enable code ?

I know I need to spend time with the NCS programs to fully understand them, but would be nice to know what can and can't be done, if people have done it successfully.

Again i'm no coder, but am familiar with the BMW product.

Cheers
Old 08-27-2018, 06:10 PM

Car: BMW R1200GS LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CalAutomotive View Post
Hi Guys,

Couple of questions regarding Motorrad and NCS.

Background, I am an ex BMW dealer technician and am familiar with ISTA and ISTA/P in both cars and motorcycles, however have next to no experience in programs like NCS, winkfp, and INPA. I have ISTA, ISTA/P, NCS expert, winKFP all installed and also have an ICOM a2, ICOM D cable, and an FTDI F232R K+Dcan cable usb to serial interface running the version 2.10 drivers that work.

My question is about the Motorrad side of things, retrofits like gear shift assist, DWA alarm etc are they easily coded using NCS expert ?
My experience at the dealership was using ISTA/P and usually required FCS enable codes to get the software to code and function, can NCS do these codings without an enable code ?

I know I need to spend time with the NCS programs to fully understand them, but would be nice to know what can and can't be done, if people have done it successfully.

Again i'm no coder, but am familiar with the BMW product.

Cheers
Better use E-SYS to add some features to bikes.
You can access bike VO veichle order. All options enabled are written in vo file. On bikes it is stored in instrument panel Kombi. If the feature is only software you can add its code to vo in kombi. I enabled my 2016 gs hill start assistant with esys. But you need icom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Car: bmw

Hello Motorcycle Coders!

Because of new ESA suspension on my 2010 DOHC GS i disconnected the preload connector at the front. The new front shock only has adjustable damping settings and no preload adjuster anymore (like the 1200RT). After some time the ZFE recognises that there is no front preload adjuster and disables all the ESA features. After reconnecting the old shocks everything work again for some time...

Does anybody know if it is possible to tell the ZFE to just disable the front preload adjuster??

Any help very appreciated
Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Car: e91;r60

I there. Is it possible to code the Speedometer with a diferent top speed? instead of 299 km/h? thank you in advance