BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2018, 10:26 AM

Car: 800 Gt

HI guys, I've made the wiring diagram of the DWA/RDC and the diag connector

it's based on ISTA+ Wire diagrams for a K71 Bike (F800 Gt) It displays all "connections" between both components

I Haven't tested it yet , but I think it will be useful
apetrov1x5 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
apetrov1x5 (05-06-2019)
Old 09-30-2018, 10:39 AM

Car: BMW R1200GS LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywest View Post
Hi, how I can program a 2015 s100rr k46 with ISTA because ISTA/P says this can support anymore for programming, I cannot find the way to program with ISTA
Latest ista programs are coding and programming motorbikes. You can download standard ista+ programa and code/program your bike. Ista/p no more program bikes.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:47 AM

Car: E39 530i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
HI guys, I've made the wiring diagram of the DWA/RDC and the diag connector

it's based on ISTA+ Wire diagrams for a K71 Bike (F800 Gt) It displays all "connections" between both components

I Haven't tested it yet , but I think it will be useful
Be careful here, as i believe the RDC/DWA incorporates the CAN bus "terminating resistor" also, if the bike doesn't have RDC/DWA fitted, the blanking plug in the same location has the resistor fitted in the blanking plug.

I believe the CAN bus won't function correctly without the terminating resistor in the line.

The wiring diagram may not show this
The Following User Says Thank You to J-CalAutomotive For This Useful Post:
Nerox (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila_66 View Post
Latest ista programs are coding and programming motorbikes. You can download standard ista+ programa and code/program your bike. Ista/p no more program bikes.
See the file attached which report the type of interface needed[Only for registered users... ]
Old 09-30-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CalAutomotive View Post
Be careful here, as i believe the RDC/DWA incorporates the CAN bus "terminating resistor" also, if the bike doesn't have RDC/DWA fitted, the blanking plug in the same location has the resistor fitted in the blanking plug.

I believe the CAN bus won't function correctly without the terminating resistor in the line.

The wiring diagram may not show this

I've ordered the Resistor so I think it's just a swap.

I figured out that if it was in most DWA retrofit kits... It's for something
Old 09-30-2018, 03:39 PM

I Found this amazin document on a Russian site !

PINOUT DIAG
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
DanFar79 (10-16-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 10:19 PM

Car: E39 530i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
I've ordered the Resistor so I think it's just a swap.

I figured out that if it was in most DWA retrofit kits... It's for something
The resistor is inside the DWA/RDC control unit itself.

If the bike doesn't have DWA/RDC control unit fitted then the resistor is built into the blanking cap plug that is on the DWA/RDC connector in the bikes wiring harness.

FYI i believe the other terminating resistor is fitted inside the instrument cluster.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:56 PM

Car: E46

Hi. Can you help me please, to find the best way to code factoy DWA info my bike R1200GS LC? Unit is plugged in, alive. Just need code FA. Have E-Sys and INPA, flashed and coded my E,F series cars, but never connected with bikes. ISTA-P will be ok for this?
Thank you, Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetrov1x5 View Post
If anyone has similar issue to mine, I will share whatever experience I have gained so far.

In fact I started with my car and only I saw what it can do, I have purchased the ICOM D (adapter cable from OBDII to motorcycle 10 pins round plug).

In short, what I personally did (I am sure I know less then 1% what this powerful software can do):
-change the SA and VO code (adding/deleting options in case of the car and FA in case of the bike) - this was done with NCS Expert.
-coding the car with INPA and NCS Expert to "tell" it that I no longer have the rear right and rear door airbags
-coding with INPA and NCS Expert the passenger presence mat state which is broken, but rather then changing it, I just coded it.
-changed miles to km all the readings (speedometer, odometer, consumption) with NCS Expert on the car and ISTA-P on the bike
-unlocked the TV in motion on the car with NCS Expert and NCS Dummy
-updated the car and bike software with new Daten files using NCS Expert on the car and ISTA-P on the bike
-retrofitted LEDs on the bike using ISTA-P
-retrofitted factory alarm on the bike using ISTA-P
-set new service interval for the bike (both date and mileage)
-read and cleared the faults on the car and bike using Rheingold (ISTA-D)
-looked deeper into my exhaust flap operation by triggering it closed and open from Rheingold diagnostic software (in fact Rheingold is a very powerful diagnostic tool which I am told is used by the dealer already)

I am sure it can do much more, but this was what I bought it for and it did all brilliantly and it was as easy as moving the cursor around the screen and pressing a button (well, moving the stylus in my case as I have a Thinkpad X200 tablet)
Old 01-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Car: BMW R1200GS LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony71 View Post
Hi. Can you help me please, to find the best way to code factoy DWA info my bike R1200GS LC? Unit is plugged in, alive. Just need code FA. Have E-Sys and INPA, flashed and coded my E,F series cars, but never connected with bikes. ISTA-P will be ok for this?
Thank you, Tony
To code the Bike you need Icom-A device. You can not program bike with usb or ethernet cable.
Not sure but you can try program bike using Ista+ options menu. (This option might ask enable code) On options you can select DWA alarm and follow instructions for coding.

If method above dont work there is one other method using Esys. But I am not sure about that. If you want I can write it also but you use it with your own risk.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Car: BMW S1000RR + S1000XR
Default Some problems/questions regarding ISTA and secondhand flashed ECU on S1000RR

Some background info:

2011 track/ race only bike with 2012 engine . Keyless ignition with Alpha Racing EWS antenna and race button handlebar switches. ABS completely removed, Alpha Racing DTC controller.

Last summer the instrument cluster(speedo) was destroyed in crash, and when I was looking around for a replacement speedo I grabbed a package deal from a former TT bike that was breaking and bought speedo and flashed ECU with transponder key.
So far so good, new speedo works fine with my old ECU except of course the odometer is blinking since it is not calibrated with the ECU. That is no problem since it is a track only bike and I don’t care what the odometer is displaying.

But when I try to use the flashed ECU that came together with the speedo then I get problems that I not have managed to fix on my own, that’s why I search this forum for advice. I will refer to “old ECU” and “flashed ECU” when I talk about my 2 ECU`s.

After clearing fault codes and resetting adaptions on the “flashed ECU” with my GS911 the bike starts reluctantly, idles roughly but no throttle response – just idle. Seems like throttle body problem. Replaces with “old ECU”, bike runs fine. I of course change key/transponder in the EWS antenna accordingly.
On some forum I read that maybe GS911 was not enough to clear all codes when installing flashed ECU, so I installed ISTA+ this weekend (not a easy job for a computer noob…). That takes me to my now problem nr.2: ISTA + (not ISTA/P) seems to work fine, can do service functions and adaptations, but it wont clear my fault codes! When I try to clear codes, I get message “Ignition was not detected. Fault memory deletion cancelled. Switch on the ignition and repeat the operation”.

Could this be due to my keyless ignition? If so, is there I way around this? Could there be another reason that the flashed ECU is not working on my bike?
ISTA+ is connected via OBD2 to K-line via BMW 10-pin diagnostic plug like this:

OBD BMW 10-pin
1 10
4 4
7 1
16 6

After reading on different forums I changed the connections on OBD2 to BMW 10-pin like this:

OBD2 BMW 10-pin
16 6
4+5 4
7 1
1 10

But that did not change anything. ISTA+ seems to work fine, but when I try to clear fault codes I still get the same message :"Ignition was not detected. Fault memory deletion cancelled".

Then I also have read other info, see under, but not sure if this is related to S1000RR 10-14 and/or connection via serial bus:

"some BMW motorcycles OBD2 pins 16 and 1 should be bridged for ignition to be detected, and others stated that reprogramming of the FT232 eeprom chip with inverted RI and DSR signals could be necessary depending on type of software and cables...."

The FT232 reprogramming sounds way over my computer skills, but then anything can be done with some help from Google :-)

Anyone who has some input on this??

Sorry for long post, hope someone has good advice.

Best regards, Frode