BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:33 PM

Car: BMW R1200GS LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmo View Post
Some background info:

2011 track/ race only bike with 2012 engine . Keyless ignition with Alpha Racing EWS antenna and race button handlebar switches. ABS completely removed, Alpha Racing DTC controller.

Last summer the instrument cluster(speedo) was destroyed in crash, and when I was looking around for a replacement speedo I grabbed a package deal from a former TT bike that was breaking and bought speedo and flashed ECU with transponder key.
So far so good, new speedo works fine with my old ECU except of course the odometer is blinking since it is not calibrated with the ECU. That is no problem since it is a track only bike and I don’t care what the odometer is displaying.

But when I try to use the flashed ECU that came together with the speedo then I get problems that I not have managed to fix on my own, that’s why I search this forum for advice. I will refer to “old ECU” and “flashed ECU” when I talk about my 2 ECU`s.

After clearing fault codes and resetting adaptions on the “flashed ECU” with my GS911 the bike starts reluctantly, idles roughly but no throttle response – just idle. Seems like throttle body problem. Replaces with “old ECU”, bike runs fine. I of course change key/transponder in the EWS antenna accordingly.
On some forum I read that maybe GS911 was not enough to clear all codes when installing flashed ECU, so I installed ISTA+ this weekend (not a easy job for a computer noob…). That takes me to my now problem nr.2: ISTA + (not ISTA/P) seems to work fine, can do service functions and adaptations, but it wont clear my fault codes! When I try to clear codes, I get message “Ignition was not detected. Fault memory deletion cancelled. Switch on the ignition and repeat the operation”.

Could this be due to my keyless ignition? If so, is there I way around this? Could there be another reason that the flashed ECU is not working on my bike?
ISTA+ is connected via OBD2 to K-line via BMW 10-pin diagnostic plug like this:

OBD BMW 10-pin
1 10
4 4
7 1
16 6

After reading on different forums I changed the connections on OBD2 to BMW 10-pin like this:

OBD2 BMW 10-pin
16 6
4+5 4
7 1
1 10

But that did not change anything. ISTA+ seems to work fine, but when I try to clear fault codes I still get the same message :"Ignition was not detected. Fault memory deletion cancelled".

Then I also have read other info, see under, but not sure if this is related to S1000RR 10-14 and/or connection via serial bus:

"some BMW motorcycles OBD2 pins 16 and 1 should be bridged for ignition to be detected, and others stated that reprogramming of the FT232 eeprom chip with inverted RI and DSR signals could be necessary depending on type of software and cables...."

The FT232 reprogramming sounds way over my computer skills, but then anything can be done with some help from Google :-)

Anyone who has some input on this??

Sorry for long post, hope someone has good advice.

Best regards, Frode
OBD2 cables dont work with motorbikes. I tried to enable hill start control on my 2016 R1200GSA had same ignition problems with OBD2 cables. I ordered an ICOM from aliexpress and all worked fine. ICOM can see the ignition voltage and clear all fault codes and reset all adaptation values. Try to find an ICOM.

Good Luck.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:12 AM

Car: 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Hi all,
the problem has been solved

The K-DCan cable was connected between pin 7 and 8. I have fitted a switch to disconnect the bridge.

Now, bridge between pin 7 and 8 it works on my Range Rover and if the switch disconnect the bridge it works on my K1200
Hello,

I own a K1200GT (K44) 05/2007. As you, I've spent a lot of time to get connection with INPA, Tool32, NCS Expert, ISTA/D...

I'm using 2 K+DCAN cables which are both working on my E91 (2/2009) and the Mini R56 (2/2007) of my wife (with INPA and ISTA/D).

I tried a lot of things I read on many forums but I always get the same answer from the software : No response from controler.

I also own a GS911 and a ODBLink LX+motoscan and both of them are working fine with the bike. The problem is that i can't use them to program another ABS unit that i put on the bike...

Any idea ? I think I'll end up buying an icom but i can't use it to activate ASP on the bike because ISTA/P needs a code from the dealer... I think I can get around this with NCSExpert...

My bike has 5 wires at the diagnostic socket : pins 10, 4, 7, 1, 6...

Thank you for you help and sorry for my poor english (I'm french).
Old 03-03-2019, 09:40 PM

Car: L322

Hi,
the problem on motorcycle is a different timing in the communication protocoll, don't know why. All serial USB converters will work more or less worse. Sometimes it works after 5 times trying to establish connection with tool32, sometimes direct and sometimes never.

Trying he same setup on car everytime it works.

Over years and month I've tried everything with USB, without a clear result.

Best solution is an old notebook with an original rs232 connection and a serial cable like a KL2321 and WinXP.

This combination works at 100%, no interruptions or trying to get connection.

With this setup you can do everything, coding diagnostic and flashing without connection issues.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:55 PM

Car: 550I
Default Ignition handling ista/d

After many months of trial and error I found a way to get around the low battery voltage error that comes up when trying to use ista/d my fix was this:
In the Edibas folder bin there is a folder called obd32 configuration settings,You need to add this to the folder and save changes, UBATT=OFF

Last edited by cclaypool16; 05-13-2019 at 08:07 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 05-06-2019, 04:45 AM

Car: BMW E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfib View Post
What modules did you update on the bike with winkfp and how long did the flash take for each? Did you notice any difference in the ecu flash?

Thanks

Sorry noticed you used ista p for the flashing. Still would like to know which modules, how long and any improvements noticed on the engine ecu flash.

Sorry, been away for a while , but in short the modules I see in ISTA are KOMBI, DWA, ABS, DME.

Coding took about 5-10 minutes, Integration level is now K024-18-07-500, no improvements noticed, but then again I am not that good a rider to notice it. The previous integration level was 2014, before that 2009 - I did not notice improvements any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobosscr View Post
"changed miles to km all the readings (speedometer, odometer, consumption) with NCS Expert on the car and ISTA-P on the bike"

How do you do that with ista /p?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch GS rider

Could you tell me where in ista-p I cann change miles to km? (for the bike k51)

there are tabs in ISTA/P - Vehicle I think, there there are few check boxes, like delimiting or limiting the bike revs, service reset, etc...one of them is miles to km, it is easy as puting a tick in the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWS1KRR View Post
Does anyone know what this EWS module is called and can it be programmed? I have a broke key. It broke in the crash. It was the only key I got with the S1000RR.

I have already tried to marry a new switch and key to the EWS Module that matches the ECU, but I get errors from ISTA/P that the key is invalid. it see the EWS module fine and it is valid, but the key is not.

I need to program the EWS and the Key to the ECU, but it seems that ISTA/P is not capable of that.

I see others have used WinKFP somehow, but I can not find the ECU module that works with that. I have seen some say the K24 is the motorcycle files?
If you tried ISTA/P and it said that keys need programming, I think (if I remember correctly) it said there that it can be done in ISTA/D, right?

Anyway, yes, I used K24 files in NCS Expert for 2010 S1000rr. In fact, even ISTA/P shows my bike integration level as K24xxxxx... not K46, so if you don't see K46, but see K24, that should do the trick

How much was the part in your pics and where did you buy from? have a p/n?

Last edited by apetrov1x5; 05-06-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:21 PM

Car: L322

K024 ist the platform, not a model like K40, K43 etc. The K024 data will include:

K21, K25, K26, K27, K28, k29, K40, K43, K44, K71, K72, K73, K46, all with communication on K-Line.

Integration level update does not mean automatically that all modules are on the same level. This will vary and for some modules you get higher I-Level on Win K F P.
apetrov1x5 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank For This Useful Post:
apetrov1x5 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneC View Post
Yes some of the chinese ICOM-D cables are incorrectly wired and the 10 pin round connectors are of very poor quality, the correct pin out is

It will depend on whether the OBD end of the cable is screwed together as to whether you can change it

Then there is the question of what OBD interface you are using to the PC
anyone managed to do this stupid mistake like me? (I was trying to provide 12V to the "clamps" from the picture)

I accidentally shorted pin 10 and pin 6 from the round 10-pin BMW connector (corresponding to pins 1 and 16 on the OBD2 16 pins connector) - since then I have all sort of problems. I have replaced fuse number 2 (4Ohms) and can actually start the bike, but programming and diagnostic became a nightmare...are there any other fuses/boxes to check or could I just burn something on the programming cable???

or maybe I should start a new thread...

Mistakes are usually when reading CKM (sometimes I can do it sometimes not), also coding DWA - again, once it can be done, then it can't, and most importantly: in Rheingold I can't do any testing, or error delete - it says 12V needed - please see the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 201905030041.jpg (92.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg e20190502001.jpg (133.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg e20190502002.jpg (231.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg e20190502003.jpg (139.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg eNCSerror.jpg (101.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by apetrov1x5; 05-14-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:54 AM

Car: E65 745D 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
K024 ist the platform, not a model like K40, K43 etc. The K024 data will include:

K21, K25, K26, K27, K28, k29, K40, K43, K44, K71, K72, K73, K46, all with communication on K-Line.

Integration level update does not mean automatically that all modules are on the same level. This will vary and for some modules you get higher I-Level on Win K F P.

Hello guys,

I have K024 SPDaten files on NCSexpert.
Tried coding R 1200 RT 2008 (K26) - worked fine.
Then tried K 1600 GTL 2013 (K48) - on this one did not work. ISTA-D diagnosis works fine for both K26 and K48. Anyway for K48 ISTA-P says that it is not supported.

What I need to do on K48 is to change KOMBI information display from miles to km - range, consumption so on.. It is easy to do over NCSexpert coding Kombi, but I cant get it working. Which SPDaten files do I need to support K48 model?
Old 06-17-2019, 04:50 AM

Car: 07 530xiT

If I might ask, where did you find K24 NCSE daten files? I've had several iterations of updates but all have been empty directories. I just get a COAPI 'module not responding' error.
I'm trying to connect to my 17 S1000R to try to enable both low and high beam on at the same time.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfib View Post
Hi.
Do you get Kl15 and kl30 reported through thes obd cables with ediabas? I have 2 different k line cables and cannot do calibration or clear adaptations on my s1000rr as voltage is not reporting. All other functions work fine - can do read and clear error codes, reset services, activations, read ecu parameters.
can you please share how did you solve this issue (IF)?