BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Car: e87
Default Bricked my 1 series

I'm such a failure, I know i should have done alot more research before playing around.

I had dis working and finally got sss v32 working, and wanted to play around with some indivualisation setting but the ckw? box was greyed out and progman kept wanting to update modules, so I finally let it and it updated CAS and JME modules but failed on the rest, whilst it was trying to update DDE/DME the fuel pump relay kicked in and wouldnt stop even when it failed to code that module and moved on to the others, also the same with the wipers which i thought was weird as it was coding dde/dme.

anyway at the end of it all my car is now bricked, it cranks but won't start, the windows don't work and it's displaying steering lock fault on the dash, I have pictures of the whole process I can upload.

how can I fix this? i've tried the spare key, and disconnecting battery for half an hour still no luck,

how do i align cas / dme with sss or dis or inpa?

Old 05-19-2016, 04:59 PM

Car: 338 740i

You can recover from this(do not ask how I know this). You will need to flash program each individual module using WinKFP. Once you have programmed each module you will need to code each to it's default setting. After you have every thing restored to defaults you can then get back to your previous coding from you CAS module.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:16 PM

Car: e87

Thanks Chris,

I couldn't get winkfp or nfs to program anything, my set-up was not right. I hired a guy got a few hints, and got my car fixed and my set-up working now.

Am now deciding if an icom emulator is worth messing with, or if I should buy a clone.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:10 PM

Car: G10

Sowhat was the solution for unbrick?
Was you using e-sys for coding?
What you've done wrong?