BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Enabled
  • 1 Post By Ramon31

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 12:10 AM

Car: E36, Z3M Coupe, Z3
Default Carprog BMW airbag

Hello all, I'm trying to reset my 2000 Z3 airbag fault.
It is Internal ECU Fault 240, after I plugged in the wrong seat belt tensioner to it, from a later model Z3. It is essentially the same fault as after a crash.

This is the Temic MRSZ3, part number 65778386192 .

I bought a CarProg 7.28 clone, which works well with my other BMW's airbag systems (able to read eeprom, codes, clear and erase crash data) through the BMW 20 pin diagnostics port (ADS).

The instructions for Temic MRSZ3 [Only for registered users... ]
say that this module is "On Board Only!" as opposed to "no need to remove from car". I can read errors with it plugged in the car, but no eeprom reading/writing through the ADS.

How do I go about connecting it to the CarProg to be able to read and clear it?

What I have tried:
1. Read through the BMW 20 Pin port (only reads and clears error codes, not crash data/eeprom), "On Board Only" error when trying more advanced

2. Pulled module out and:
a. Connected power source Ground (-) to pin 5, direct power source +12volt to pin 6, and K-Line to Pin 9 - Module behaved just like in car, error "On Board Only"
b. Connected Ground from carprog module/cable to pin 5, +12Volts from Carprog module/cable to pin 6, and K-Line to Pin 9. Doesn't connect to module, as the carprog doesn't give it 12v (tested with multimeter).

Is this only readable at the chip level?

The MCU on it is Motorola XC68HC912B32, 9H91F. It is way too small for me to attempt to put wires on it and try to read it directly.

Any opinions, help? I tried emailing CarProg people for a little bit of clarification, but of course no reply. I'm very new to all this, but would like to make it work.

Thanks in advance.
elsanjuanero likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Enabled For This Useful Post:
elsanjuanero (06-19-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 01:30 PM

Car: BMW 330Ci

A mi me pasa lo mismo. ¿alguna solucion?
elsanjuanero likes this.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:51 PM

Car: bmw 525
Default Mrsz3/a coneccion

REGARDS
I am trying to connect CARPROG to TEMIC MRSZ3 / A everyone in the forum say to connect the pins 5, 6 and 9 but in the module are not numbered. Can someone please show a photo with the number of the connectors. Or a diagram of the module already connected to cable A15.

Thanks

SALUDOS
estoy intentando conectar CARPROG a TEMIC MRSZ3/A todos en el foro dicen de conectar los pin 5, 6 y 9 pero en el modulo no estan numerados. puede alguien hacer el favor de mostrar una foto con el numero de los conectores. o un diagrama del modulo ya conectado al cable A15.

gracias anticipadas