BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 PM

Car: E90
Default Help with understanding VO needed.

Hi guys,

I am relatively new to coding. I have recently retrofitted my e90 with a recycled TCU with BMW Assist and BT. In the process, I had to add an option +TELD to my VO in order to deal with Assist, which I didn't need, and SOS error problem. While doing that, I have noticed some other options of similar format in my VO: -EWS4, -DCAN, +KRAD. All my attempts at researching what they mean and what they do brought pretty much nothing. My assumption is - they enable/disable some options of existing units, purely by analogy with my +TELD addition to the VO, but that's all I got. If you ran across those in your, I am sure much broader than mine, experience with coding, would you please give me some pointers? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by blazgus; 10-17-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:41 PM

Finally found my solution:

.ZUS files in respective DATEN subfolder give explanation to options like that. There are quite a lot of them. Battery additions, unit upgrades, software upgrades and so on. I wonder if there's a paper that describes what's added in what case...
Old 10-21-2014, 02:30 PM

I can check my vo if still needed.

Tags
-dcan, -ews4, +krad, options