BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW Programmers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 06:11 PM

Car: 2003 330xi
Default PA Soft 1.4 key help

I've recently had issues with the only key I own for my car. About two days it decided that it just wouldn't start the car. The key fob for locking/unlocking the doors worked fine, but it wasn't deactivating the immobilization system.

I searched and found a thread on reprogramming the key:

1. Turn ignition on then off
2. hold down unlock button while pressing lock three times
3. release both buttons and door locks cycle
4. turn ignition on then off to complete

I went through that procedure and everything went as expected and the car started up and had no problems.... until today.

Same thing happened again. Car wouldn't start but remote would lock/unlock doors fine. I tried the reprogramming steps again, but this time it's not working.

I plugged in my scanner and fired up PA Soft 1.4 to see if I could locate anything out of the ordinary.

Under key status, it shows all the keys being disabled. I click on the "enable" button but it keeps giving me an error "Key status change failed".

I've tried searching again for a solution to the issue but I'm unable to find anything.

Does anyone have any help they could offer? I have no way to get to work or to even get the car to a stealer-ship without it being towed at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Forgot to mention this is on a 2003 330xi

Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Car: Audi A4

Hello,your problem is not remote control but transponder in key!
For repairing this problem need to have equipment.Best way to check is to try with spare key,if it starts car,problem is in key 100%,if it does not start the car too than problem will be immobilizer itself.
If you have additional questions please ask.