BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles.

BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/)
-   BMW Programmers (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-programmers-28/)
-   -   What does this Emulator do? (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-programmers-28/what-does-emulator-do-835/)

crosswalk 03-01-2012 03:45 AM

What does this Emulator do?

I find a chip in a chance.
It is called Emulator.
What does this Emulator do? Does it bypass the anti-theft system?
Does it come with anyother plugs or with an instruction Manual?
I really interested in the the chip and I want to know more about it
Share your opinion,please.
http://www.xcardiag.com/upload/pro/b...hipping-04.jpg

bmwdiag14 03-01-2012 06:40 AM

This is made to emulate your seat ocupancy sensor when is broken and you dont want to change it with the new one.

muly 05-02-2012 07:21 AM

The BMW EWS2 EWS3.2 Emulator is a immobiliser bypass, people have used them if they installed a aftermarket alarm with remote start etc, looks very similar to the seat occupancy sensor but its not

minicooper2002 09-06-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love (Post 4191)
As the name suggests, the Emulator Module is capable of emulating an immobiliser data stream to the ecu. It can do this every time ignition is turned on, meaning that you have a car which simply starts, even just using a steel(non electronic) key.

The trouble is that although I am well versed in electronics, I know little about cars, CAN, OBDII, etc. The directions for how one installs an emulator (the concept of which is quite simple) are only about 4 steps long but are so poorly written that the native English speaker has a hard time understanding what to really do! I've looked on the internet for a video but cannot find any. Can anyone here give well written directions?

Alternatively, I have an AK90 programmer that can read the ECU fine. BUT, I cannot find any brand new PCF7930AS transponder chips for sale. Is there a source for these anywhere that doesn't want to sell 1,000 of them? I'd rather go down this route than the emulator, quite frankly, but I need to be able to buy just 3 or 4 transponder chips (brand new, it appears as though the PCF7930AS has One Time Programmable ROM so I can't use any of the old chips I have from other cars :() for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

minicooper2002 09-16-2012 08:32 PM

I bought one of those emulators and as best I can tell, I wasted $15. This key thing is a nightmare. I have scoured the internet and, to tell you the truth, I have a sneaky suspicion that *nobody* has gotten any of this stuff to work. I have an AK90 but apparently you cannot reuse the PCF7930AS chips. Either that or the programmer doesn't work (wouldn't surprise me). But guess what... NOBODY seems to sell the chips in small quantities.... So I decided to try the emulator. Unfortunately the Chinglish instructions are simply horrible. They don't give an accurate and clear representation of what you need to do to get the emulator to work. Go look on the net; they are all basically the same and all fundamentally unclear. Are they implying you take apart your OBD connector? If so, then why did I just install the emulator! And what about the ISN? I can't find it anywhere. The list goes on and on.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME.... JUST GET A KEY FROM THE DEALER AND LET THEM HASSLE WITH ALL THIS STUFF! If I sound frustrated it is because I am. I have probably spent 35 hours searching for help on the net, trying two different programmers, searched for transponder chips, bought numerous keys, etc. I've also posted here and, sadly, nobody has responded which leads me to believe nobody really has any answers as they're equally lost. I've probably spent more in "supplies" on this than I did if I just bought the darned key. Argh!

So, do yourself a favor and get the thing from the dealer.