BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW Scanner (PASoft)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ilias.Lardis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 03:55 PM

Car: 330Ci Sport
Default PA Soft & Retrofit Power Fold Mirrors

Hello fellow forum users,

This is my first post here. So, first things first and a big hello to everyone.

I have a 330Ci Sport (E46) 2001. The car has got electric memory seats and when I bought the car it had standard non-power fold mirrors. After doing some research, I learned that it was possible to retrofit power fold mirrors and all that was required to complete the retrofit would be: 2 x power fold mirrors and 1 x switch. I managed to source these items and then proceeded to complete the retrofit. Everything went OK and the mirrors work perfect from the switch.

However, I decided that I wanted to take my retrofit a stage further and re-program the car so that the mirrors would fold in and out from the key fob. I managed to obtain a copy of PA Soft BMW Scanner v1.4 and the correct cable (I have borrowed it from a friend) I have successfully installed the software on my laptop and the laptop and car can connect successfully. The problem that I have is that the option to have the mirrors fold with convenience closing is greyed out. I understand that this is probably down to the fact that when my car left the factory it had non-power fold mirrors, but I was wondering how I can tell the car that it now has power fold mirrors???

Thank is advance

Paul

Old 03-24-2013, 10:22 PM

Car: E46-330Ci

You need a program like NCS Expert or SSS-Progman then add option code $313 (power folding mirrors) to the ZCS (Vehicle Order) of your car. If you do this job correctly, you will get 2 modules to the list called BTM & FTM.

If you search, you will find your answer how exactly to do this.

Last edited by BMR-E46; 03-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMR-E46 For This Useful Post:
Paul_330Ci (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 07:09 AM

Car: 330Ci Sport

Hello BMR-E46,

Thank you for your response. It is very much appreciated.

I have just ordered a cable and NCS Expert software (among others). With regards to the process, well I'll have a good search around the forum.

Once again, thank you very much.

Kind regards

Paul
Old 10-15-2018, 06:44 PM

Car: 318CI

Im am having an issue after retrofitting folding mirrors to my 10/1999 318CI.

Mirrors works fine from the drivers side door (fold-unfold) but cant make them
work with remote.

Tried NCS but could not find a suitable command in GM5 module.
It is a pre-facelift model so i dont have BTM/FTM modules.
Managed to change ZCS SA number in EWS and KMB and include folding mirrors option but still when i lock the car even if i press and hold lock again they dont fold

For the retrofit i used the Control Unit/module outside mirror fold-in function P/N: 61358376506

Do you have any suggestions what im missing?

Thank you in advance.
gncsantos likes this.