BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > DIY guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2015, 08:32 PM

Car: e90 330d
Default help coding replacement lci ccc into pre lci

hi all

im new to the site and new to coding so this will probably be a steep learning curve so bare with

here is my problem though and the story of where i am upto!

the car is an e90 pre lci 2007 330d with i drive

my i drive screen started failing and working intermitantly which after a bit of research i diagnosed as a failing ccc unit...after a bit more digging and weighing up what replacement unit i could get hold of i managed to get an lci ccc unit with the 8 buttons and touch sensitivity on the front

my screen instantly started working again along with all the other functions which i was happy with but my cd changer didnt!

so long story short i bought a cable from cable shack and jimmy installed it and remotely coded in the cd changer but since then the buttons on the front of the headunint have stopped working and the music seems to play a lot quieter?

i have spoken to jimmy and he is helping but i wanted to do my own bit of digging to and see if anyone can help!

can anyione advise me whats best to do and what process to follow in order to get it all up and working?

i have nccs expert loaded and working on my laptop but just unsure what i must do and dont want to cock anything up when fiddling!!!

cheers in advance for any advice or pointers in the right direction!

Old 04-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Car: 535d

Seems to be very easy.
I think Jimmy only coded an empty .man to the new ccc.
This could cause the Option for fav Buttons thrown out.

Just check in the fsw_psw.trc for FAVORITEN or a shorter word FAV.

There you should be able to change how many fav buttons you have.

Thats it.