BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > DIY guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Car: E91
Default Replace windshield wiper lever SZL E91

I have a question concerning the windshield wiper lever which is mounted on the right side of the SZL on my E91 LCI:

I upgraded the SZL to one with cruise control lever. The problem is, that this SZL has the right lever without rear wiper functionality. So I disassembled the SZL and replaced the original wiper lever unit 1 (w/o rear lever position) with the lever unit 2 from my old SZL (which has rear lever position).

With this new configuration, ALL levers on SZL don't work anymore.

One additional hint:
I then took lever unit 1 and disassembled it. There was an empty soldering pad for the photo diode which was meant to detect the rear lever position. I then placed the missing diode there.
But with this diode installed, I got the same result as before: All levers won't work at all. After removing this diode and assembling everything as before, it worked just fine again.

Does anybody has an idea how it is possible to enable the rear wiper functionality? Why isn't it possible to exchange the lever units?

Thanks in advance!