BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > DIY guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 PM

Car: BMW E36 325TDS
Exclamation Setting up bm cables on win xp 32 bit

Ok guys , im relatively new to this diagnostic scene . I need help setting up the bmw cables software and interface on windows xp service pack 3 32 bit. I have installed every thing as it should (had to find an older version of vmware ) i have got sss progman and DIS booting up .The problem is , is when i open inpa with the cable plugged into the laptop and not the car , inpa shows that battery and ignition are on . (both circles in BLACK ) , but when i unplug the cable from the usb port both circles go out.

Also when i open dis in vmware , the long cylindrical symbol is shaded but when unplug the cable the shaded goes out .

So when i do plug the cable to the car via 20 PIN connection inpa and dis cannot establish a connection.

Also i have got a laptop with a Serial rs232 port and i have used carsoft with the module that has a few lights , that establishes a connection but i dont think it is as good as inpa .

I really need help with this , iv trawled through the net for days if not weeks trying to get the bm cables interface to work so PLEASE PLEASE help

I AM AT THE POINT OF PULLING MY HAIR OUT

Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM

Car: E36

It seems i'm having very similar problems as you did when installing the BM cables software. I was disappointed that there was very little in the way of a walk-through guide to setting this up and would appreciate some help. I am currently searching for the correct older version of VMWare Player and then i 'll need to configure the IP address. How do i do that?
Any pointers will be very welcome.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:23 PM

Car: 2008 328i

What model is your car and manufacturing date?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM

Car: BMW E36 325TDS
Angry No succsess

AFTER weeks of trying i gave up , i went out and bought the ads/obd interface for my bmw e36 . The kit connects to the serieal port of a laptop and runs inpa . Im not sure if it wil run DIS or SSS .

I am very very disappointed in the service from bmcables. I have since found out they have pirated the software from BMWTECHNIC.