BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > DIY guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 AM

Car: 2004 545i
Default Using D-Can

Just need a few things cleared up. My goal is to reprogram a 2008 535i CCC computer to a top hifi system vs the LOGIC7. It originally had thee OEM radio/CCC unit removed. Now the car is in my hands and I'm trying to restore stock setup. The CCC unit that was purchased is setup for LOGIC7. From my understanding you can use NCSExpert to read the settings and modify a text file and set thee option for which amplifier you want it to be programmed for. I have alot to learn but I have successfully flashed over e46 m3 SMG transmission software to the CSL/SMG2. So i think with your help I will be able to greater understand the inner workings of the way these systems run. So here are my questions.

The vehicle that I'm working 08 e60 535i communicates with the OBD2 port via D-Can protocol 500k/bits?

I have an k + d-can usb interface setup under com1, obd settings show everything ok. msec set to 1. When I open INPA i only get the battery light on, ignition indicator never turns black. In the past I have been using VAG KKL 409.1 as means of communication with INPA and DIS no problem, but I'm assuming it uses K-line protocol.

I have used d-can tools in order to set the cable for d-can not k-line and i get the following error "timeout echo"

Everything is very interesting to me and intriguing. I appreciate any help I can get.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Car: e34 540i
Default D-can

Hello
Are you starting DCAN.exe or D-CAN.exe? In DCAN.exe, you click on 500kbit and its done. But you have to click on it no more than 15 sec. after you connect cable to car! Sry for my english, i hope it helps.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:11 AM

Car: E60 LCI 520d Base Hifi

Hi,
I had the same issue with my set up.
A LCI update 2009 520d
The issue I found was with the cable.
Although they all tend to look the same (i.e. circuit board colors and labels) the cables are built differently. My first cable had the same issue whilst trying to change to DCAN mode (a cheapie of eBay)
I just recieved a cable off OneStopElectronics and it works fine, as soon as you choose to hit 1 to put it into DCAN mode, it changes perfectly.