BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles.

BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/)
-   Forum Suggestions (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/forum-suggestions-22/)
-   -   Tutorials (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/forum-suggestions-22/tutorials-511/)

gmcclintock 08-13-2011 07:55 AM

Tutorials

I suggest that the experts or those that have successfully been able to code features on thir cars to write tutorials on how to code those features, I know that would be sort of the easy way out but at least one of those such tutorials will help a new member significantly.

I've been trying to code a few things in my 06 750Li for 6 months and still havn't been able to figure anything out, no matter how many threads in various forums (which ultimately is 90% about the stupid cable) I've read I just can't seem to figure it out or even manage to maintain focus or patience to follow allong a long a$$ thread that starts out talking about how to program features then turns into a "What cable should I be using" or "Is this the right cable" SMH

Anyway just something to think about...

ydload 08-13-2011 01:17 PM

I agree. I have the laptop, cables and software, but that's about as far as I go.
I appreciate the time put into the tutorials, but it almost seems they were written by programmers for programmers.

I'll keep plugging away tho... : confused:

gmcclintock 08-15-2011 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ydload (Post 1778)
I agree. I have the laptop, cables and software, but that's about as far as I go.
I appreciate the time put into the tutorials, but it almost seems they were written by programmers for programmers.

I'll keep plugging away tho... : confused:

After some research I came across this file it shows the step-by-step process of coding with NCS Expert and is exactly what I am talking about in my original post things like this will help considerably. I'm currently out of the country so I'm unable to do any coding of my own but to those that are coding if you would so kindly post small tutorials of your coding success it would be greatly appreciated by the commnuity...

eften 06-01-2012 03:00 PM

ncs

Good Guide attached!:)

eften 06-01-2012 03:06 PM

Bmw esys 3.22.4

We need to find somebody who can teach online, I would not mind paying,
I bought ESYS 3.22.4 and I dont even know if I need tokens to do coding.
I have PM the admin guy , I hope he knows:confused:

akiss 06-02-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eften (Post 3569)
We need to find somebody who can teach online, I would not mind paying,
I bought ESYS 3.22.4 and I dont even know if I need tokens to do coding.
I have PM the admin guy , I hope he knows:confused:

Yes you need an EST file for coding with E-Sys but depending what you already bought, it's already included maybe, normally the extension is .EST but it can be anything.

And you need the coding ECU datas called PSDZdata version 45 or 46.

Andy