BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > Instructions, user manuals

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 402
Thanks: 14
Thanked 2,842 Times in 268 Posts
Default BMW Night Vision

  • Service training ST607. BMW Night Vision. 24 pages. Language - English.
Model: E60, E61, E63, E64, E65, E66
Production: March 2006

After completion of this module you will be able to:
• Familiarize yourself with the technology used in the BMW Night Vision system
• Know which components are responsible for the system’s operation
• Understand how to utilize the BMW Night Vision Feature
• Know the benefits to having this technology in the vehicle

Contents:

System Overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4

Connection of Control Units . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
Control Unit and Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
K-CAN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
System Circuit Diagram (Front Equipment - E65/E66) . . . . . . . . . . . . . .6
Connection of Control Units . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
Control Unit and Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
K-CAN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
System Circuit Diagram (E60/E61/E63/E64) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10

System Components . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12
Components . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12
Night Vision Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .13
Night Vision Control Unit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .14
Button in Light Switch Center . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .14

Principles of Operation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .15
Switch-On Conditions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .16
Operation by iDrive . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Calling up Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Calling Up Menu . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Zoom - Angle of View of Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .18
Bend/Curve Mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .19
Full Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .20
Contrast and Brightness . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .20
Visibility . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .21

Service Information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Axial Camera Adjustment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Vertical Camera Adjustment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Replacing Camera Washer Jet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Displays in Event of a Fault . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .23
Component Location . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .24

Free download - in attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf www.bmwcoders.com_ST607 - BMW Night Vision.pdf (622.7 KB, 327 views)


Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
BikeGeek (10-10-2012), deso_bg (02-22-2019), reltx (03-06-2014), uragan1987 (09-09-2015), Wretched (10-15-2013)
  #2  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wetzlar
Car: BMW
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Night vision camera

Hi Guys,

I have a nicht vision camera. the connection looks different to the description in the document. The partnumber is 6654 9182764
I try to connect the camera to a monitor. Could you help me how I have to connect it, which controler is the right one and how I start up the camera

Many thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Car: dreaming
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hey, same here, the camera connection is round with 6 wires instead of 12 as shown in the pdf. anyone know anythign about this?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wetzlar
Car: BMW
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got it installed lateley by my service station. I love my NVC!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: China
Car: 760
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh View Post
hey, same here, the camera connection is round with 6 wires instead of 12 as shown in the pdf. anyone know anythign about this?

hi,I come from China.I am sorry my English is not good.And I got a night vision cam from 760li in my country, that is similar to the Flir PathFindIR.I got the Pin difine.They are PIN1 powerGND,PIN 7power+,PIN 8lin+,PIN2 lin GND,PIN9 analog video+ and PIN6 analog video GND.NOW,I want to use this cam into another car,not the BMW,would please tell me how to do? Am I need BMW night vison control unit?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: China
Car: 760
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohu007 View Post
hi,I come from China.I am sorry my English is not good.And I got a night vision cam from 760li in my country, that is similar to the Flir PathFindIR.I got the Pin difine.They are PIN1 powerGND,PIN 7power+,PIN 8lin+,PIN2 lin GND,PIN9 analog video+ and PIN6 analog video GND.NOW,I want to use this cam into another car,not the BMW,would please tell me how to do? Am I need BMW night vison control unit?
Many thinks! My Email :[Only for registered users... ]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2015, 06:05 AM
EDG EDG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Portugal
Car: 320-X3
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Good morning! Sorry to inform you, but i can not download the night vision pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
  • Service training ST607. BMW Night Vision. 24 pages. Language - English.
Model: E60, E61, E63, E64, E65, E66
Production: March 2006

After completion of this module you will be able to:
• Familiarize yourself with the technology used in the BMW Night Vision system
• Know which components are responsible for the system’s operation
• Understand how to utilize the BMW Night Vision Feature
• Know the benefits to having this technology in the vehicle

Contents:

System Overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4

Connection of Control Units . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
Control Unit and Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
K-CAN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
System Circuit Diagram (Front Equipment - E65/E66) . . . . . . . . . . . . . .6
Connection of Control Units . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
Control Unit and Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
K-CAN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
System Circuit Diagram (E60/E61/E63/E64) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10

System Components . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12
Components . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12
Night Vision Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .13
Night Vision Control Unit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .14
Button in Light Switch Center . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .14

Principles of Operation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .15
Switch-On Conditions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .16
Operation by iDrive . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Calling up Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Calling Up Menu . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Zoom - Angle of View of Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .18
Bend/Curve Mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .19
Full Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .20
Contrast and Brightness . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .20
Visibility . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .21

Service Information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Axial Camera Adjustment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Vertical Camera Adjustment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Replacing Camera Washer Jet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22
Displays in Event of a Fault . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .23
Component Location . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .24

Free download - in attached file.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Finland
Car: 530xd
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can't open this!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2016, 03:36 PM
omi omi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: romania
Car: e61
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, can you send me please the BMW night vision.pdf document. I cannot open from your link. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Romania
Car: BMW
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good morning, I got a night vision camera made by Autoliv for BMW.
I'd like to put it to my car, an Opel Vectra, unfortunately I can't start the camera.
Can somebody please help me?
Many thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E65 Night mares HELP! PJE10989 BMW diagnostics and repair 4 01-10-2012 11:01 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
BMW forum: diagnostics, coding, programming.