BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > Main Category > New Members Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 08:23 PM

Car: 325ci
Default 2004 325ci convertible top not closing!

I have a 2004 325ci convertible. I have had it only 3 months so I am a bit New with BMWs. I noticed when closing the top that the drivers side bat wing (plastic tab that seals top liner in rear section of the car beside each side window) had cracked and not sealing top liner. I let top half way down, repaired tab with another piece of plastic and tape and glue, it was only cracked and still in tact so I basically gave it support with another piece of plastic and this worked ok. The top went down and up as it should and liner sealed as it should. The next day my wife drove the car and top went down perfectly but now the top is going around an inch shy of closing. I read manual and it stated to give it a little support by hand but I have only gotten it to lock on passenger side and not drivers side. I also noticed the mechanical arms just above drivers side window not folding out straight as it should, sort of has a "V" shape to it so that's why it's not reaching all the way to close. I'm not understanding the issue and would appreciate any guidance if anyone out there has ever dealt with this before. I will also say that during my repair to the drivers side bat wing, the strings did not come undone but when I was pulling on it to tape and such, I noticed the hatch lid came down slowly. I don't know if that has anything at all to do with my current issue but including the information just in case. I will attempt to post pictures in a moment to help see my issue as well. Thanks in advance for any help anyone ma

Tags
2004 325ci