BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > Main Category > New Members Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 AM

Car: E46 318 touring
Default Hello from Wales

Hi folks,

Refered here from PistonHeads :)
I've got an E46 which is about to become scrap as we changed the ABS module last year for the MOT and didn't recode it... this year, the MOT syas the traction light has to be out as well :(

Looks like there's enough info here to save her though!

I've already a linkage cable but never dared use it as I was unable to find a virus free version of carsoft and don't have a laptop with a serial port, so I was already leaning the way of this forum.

Hopefully my cable will work with the NCSExpert even if I have to drag my old desktop PC out to the garage to do it!!

Such a stupid little problem threatening to scrap my car when the tiny engine in my 318 touring can barely break traction even when I want it to! And this after 5 years of driving an E36 325 with twice the power, half the weight and no traction control at all - and I didn't even die a little bit.

Cheers
Jon