BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > Main Category > New Members Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 05:58 PM

Car: BMW E46 320d
Default Hi from Ireland

Hi all

Name's Kevin, Im an Electrical Engineer from Galway, Ireland.
I'm trying to get into a bit of coding & flashing as I plan on maybe getting a 330d remapped for drifting, the direct injection & 24 valve head should provide a much more lively throttle response to the older indirect injection TDS which we're currently using... so thats why I'm here, figure out remapping

Here is what I have at the moment as a drift missile, E36 325tds
This is a car we've been working on for over 2 years and every track day sees an improvement

video: [Only for registered users... ]

I am however hitting a barrier of REVability, which I believe to be the Indirect Injection design of the engine. Trying to overcome this we've been working on various ideas, one of the latest is widening the pre-chambers entrance
Here's a new vs old on the pre-chambers we're working on

and our development head for those enlarged prechambers at the minute

anywas, theres a full build thread on that car here for anyone thats interested
[Only for registered users... ]

my current roadcar, a 2004 E46 320d M Sport Individual, Estoril Blue.. The remap was done by Joe @ ChippedIreland and is a nice 210bhp and 440NM torque, concidering I got the car to 180bhp on the factory map with the bits I done myself this was more or less a mild tune :P

so, my plan is to keep working on the TDS and keep upping the boost pressure and that to try maximise what can be got from this engine, even if that meens having to change valve springs to stop them opening with boost pressure

I am planning on getting a 2000, or 2001 330d to play around with mapping, and eventually should be able to get much much better gains from that engine than the TDS as its a direct injection engine it should respond to tuning much more posatively than the older indirect... Should be the new Drift Missile :D

anyways

Hi