BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > Main Category > New Members Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 05:30 AM

Car: E36 M3 convertible
Default Info overload - trying to activate charcoal solenoid only

I have an E36 M3 convertible, and I think my DME is going out. I'm getting an EVAP code, but I've verified the solenoid is working and I have good cabling back to B+ and to the DME, thus I think the DME is going out. My auto software (AutoEnginuity) is crap, and even though it says it can activate the charcoal canister solenoid, it either can't because (a) it's crap, or (b) because the DME isn't working.

All I want to do is find any other (cheap) BMW software where I can control solenoids on my car with my laptop. I ordered this "recommended cable" from somewhere I saw off this site, and I think it works with INPA, but I don't even know what INPA is.

Anybody have some advice about what's the cheapest/quickest way to fire off my solenoids?