BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > Main Category > New Members Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2016, 05:17 PM

Car: 05 BMW 645ci
Default Trans Malfunction

I have a 05 645ci that went into limp mode the other day. My display says . Transmalfunction . Gears can be engaged without depressing brake . Car is in 3rd gear while in drive and has hard shift into reverse and drive . One mechanic did a diagnostic and said it was my pressure control solenoid sensor B . They had a snap on diagnostic tool. Then I took it to BMW with the solenoid ordered from them and when they did their diagnostics they said the mechatroics was the problem and that's a 4000$ job . My question is can I buy a solenoid pack and change them and fix the issue or do I need to bite the bullet and pay 4000$ Keep in mind I only paid 6000$ for the car ? I am slightly mechanically inclined and seen videos on replacements just wondering if it would be a waste of my time or what's my options .

Old 12-04-2016, 02:49 AM

Car: m3
Default solonoid

Its most likely a marginal internal trans leak in the main pressure circuit.
The on time of the solenoid is very high with this condition, which over heats the solenoid until it fails. So basically you could melt down a new solenoid in a matter of time.
The trans will need to be repaired.
I'm very surprised the dealer did not give you an est. on replacement of the trans as a unit.

Tags
mechantronics, pressure sensor, trans solenoid, transmisson malfunction, valve body