BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 03:45 PM

Car: 2014 328i F30
Default my BMW Remote

Hi,

Am trying to get a copy of the latest Android version (v1.71, I think?) of the My BMW Remote.

My car comes ready with the necessary technology package; when I go to Google Play, I either get that my BMW Remote is not available in US (using the newest Google Play App) or I do not have a device that is compatible with it (using another App to come into Google Play another way).

In point of fact, I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone because both the BMW USA Web site and an earlier Google Play post said that this phone is compatible.

I called BMW USA and got that it is not available in US and not sure when it is available.

Can someone either point me to a web site that I can download v1.71 APK file (in English, please) or send it to me as an attachment to a private EMail?

Greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks

Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM

Car: BMW 320d

Rsnic,

the connected drive service also has to be activated for you to use the remote software. In Europe the first 3 years are free but you still have to sign up, similar to that of a mobile phone service plan. In fact the car has a built in sim card.

If BMW isnt offering you the service in the US, the app wont work either.

however it does seem strange to me that BMW wouldnt offer sucha service in the US market..... surely thats one of their biggest markets outside of Germany (just my guess)
Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 PM

Car: 2014 328i F30

Thanks for the reply. In US, they call the ConnectedDrive "BMW Assist" and indeed you get 3 years of it when you buy the car

The real kick is that the latest ads and brochures clearly state that BMW Apps (i.e., ConnectedDrive and Remote) are available for both IOS and Android.

ConnectedDrive is available on Google Play; it's OK, still alittle hard to use

Anyhow, got a copy of version 1.6 (current version is 1.71) and in spite of what BMW NorthAmerica says, it works!

Thanks