BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Car: 91 E30 325i MEX +2 E30 Chrome Bumpers which are UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Default Serious E70 Issues

So i have this 2007 E70 3.0D which has two PUZZLING issues which need immediate attention:

1- Sunroof(Panoramic) had the usual problem,tilting slightly and sliding approximately 20cm open and leaving the roller blind open and the passengers baking like bread. Car was sent to the BMW dealer and diagnosed by using the latest diagnostic equipment (ISYS/ICOM) and the owner was told that the sunroof needed a Repair Kit sold at the dealership.

2-The Parking Brake Malfunction message was coming up on the OBC and the Parking brake was not activating. He was told that the PARKING BRAKE ACTUATOR was the fault and needed replacement. Again he was told to buy a NEW unit at the dealership at an exorbitant amount. The client is a CAR DEALER so he was/is in a hurry as the longer the vehicle stays off his showroom floor he loses money on the vehicle and in the interim he is spending money trying to sort these issues out at the lowest amount possible.

Bear in mind that these faults were diagnosed by the local BMW DEALER. So because i supply BMW parts,he calls me up and asks to get this whole job done for as little as possible. He is a very good client to me and therefore agreed,we REPLACED THE PARK BRAKE ACTUATOR AND THE COMPLETE SUNROOF CASSETTE,SLIDES,GUIDES, basically a simple DROP OUT and BOLT ON. Both the components come off a functional vehicle,thats why i agreed to assist him because i had the source.

After replacing everything, i dropped it off at the dealership for PROGRAMMING as i was told to do by a certain"BMW MASTER TECHNICIAN".

The technician in the workshop said that after a WHOLE NIGHT on the diagnostic system, the components were programmed as requested but the problem is the same as it was before changing them.

I need any HONEST and LOGICAL assistance with regards to this matter as i have to return the vehicle as soon as the Christmas Holidays are done (Wednesday Morning). It would be highly appreciated.

PVT emails welcome: [Only for registered users... ]

P.S
I have tried INITIALIZING the sunroof,a few times already but to no avail!:(

PLEASE GUYS, I REALLY NEED ASSISTANCE!!!

Old 12-25-2011, 10:00 PM

Car: 91 E30 325i MEX +2 E30 Chrome Bumpers which are UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Default No replies yet??????

Come on guys,there must be someone out there wjo has been thru the same problem as myself!!!!